Rent a car Standard Terms and Conditions
The following is a quick overview of the general terms and conditions that we include in our contract, which will be explained to you in more detail by your sales agent.
• All our vehicles are comprehensively insured –driver, passenger and third party liability coverage is provided. It is your responsibility to ensure that you conduct a thorough inspection of the vehicle prior to check-out and to ensure that all pre-existing damages are recorded on the vehicle check report (“VCR”)
• Your liability will be limited to the insurance excess stated in your contract in case of an accident that is your fault, in which case a report may be provided by the police. Your liability will also be limited to the insurance excess stated in your contract if the accident is a "Hit and Run" where the third party is not identified, even if you are given a report. All insurance and damage claims will require a police report in order to be processed
• Damage caused to our vehicle for which a third-party is not identified, for which a police report has not been produced or which results in the insurance claim being denied will be charged in accordance with the Carlease Damage Rate Card, which is available for viewing. Repairs done by third-party garages and mechanics and not done by MTCOS will not be acceptable
• You have the option to reduce the liability by purchasing CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) at an extra cost, at the time of completing your agreement.Note that, as is common practice in the industry in this region, tire, wheel and rim damage is not included as part of the insurance coverage.
• Smoking in our vehicles is strictly prohibited as it damages our vehicles and is a safety hazard while driving. Smoking in our vehicles may result in a charge of up to INR1000, determination of which will be at the sole discretion of the MTCOS staff member checking-in the vehicle.
• Off-roading, rallying, racing or ‘drifting’ in our vehicles is strictly prohibited. Damages caused by such activities will not be covered by insurance and will be borne by you in full.
• Driving through standing water should be avoided at all times as this can cause major damage to the engine. Such damage will not be covered by insurance and will be borne by you in full.
• Pets may be allowed in our vehicles, however, cleaning and damage penalties will be charged, without exceptions.
Maintenance and Replacement vehicle:
• If servicing or maintenance is necessary for your vehicle, it will primarily be your responsibility to cooperate with our servicing and operations department and, where relevant, bring the vehicle for service and maintenance.
• If necessary, you can contact our operations department 24 hours in advance to make suitable arrangements for a service booking. This can be done on our website; web bookings will receive priority service.
• We will provide a replacement vehicle during maintenance and accident repairs. In case of an accident, a replacement will be provided after the original police report is handed over to us and any liability amounts have been paid. The replacement vehicle will be from our replacement fleet and will be a similar vehicle but not necessarily the same make and model
• Our offer is based on a maximum use based on the number of kilometres stated in your contract (typically 200KM per day for daily rentals, 1400KM per week for weekly rentals and 4000KM per month for monthly rentals). Additional usage will be charged Salik (Toll Charge) and Traffic Fines:
• Traffic fine charges will be the actual fine, plus INR500. We will inform you as soon as we get a notification from the concerned authorities.
• You will be required to pay these amount immediately upon notification.
• All drivers must be a minimum of 18 years of age but exceptions can be made for long term leases on a case-by-case basis, pending insurance approval and licensing requirements.
• Drivers must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while operating the vehicle.
• Non-compliance with the above will not be acceptable to the insurance company and no claims will be honoured – you will be fully liable for any damage, fines and charges
Our rental and security deposit invoice will be issued in advance of the term of the rental (i.e. a prepayment) and must be settled in full prior to the rental
• Payment will be taken in advance for vehicles that are in-stock (i.e. a part of our existing fleet)
• We will charge a deposit of INR5000, which will be refundable upon return of the car (“vehicle check-in”). This amount will be refunded after 20 working days from the date of return to take care of any traffic fines , damages etc. This will be a charged amount. We do not charge our customers the credit card usage / terminal fee charged by our financial institution, as compensation for this charge.
• Payment can be made by Cash, cheque, bank transfer, or any other method mutually agreed between you and MTCOS, in writing
• All rental periods are calculated on a 24-hour basis. For example, a one- day rental starting at 9am must be returned by 9am the following day. Any delay – for example, if the car is returned at 5pm the following day – will result in an extra day being charged
• Your early termination penalty will be stated in your contract and will not be negotiable.
• Long term lease customers have the option to avoid your early termination penalty by contacting MTCOS ontime which will allow you to terminate a long term contract with no early termination penalty
Cars may be delivered or picked-up from your location for a fee, subject to availability. We can often arrange for you to be picked up from a nearby station, free of charge
• Passport copy, Aadhar card copy and the driving license of the user
• Copy of your Credit Card
• Proof of Residential Address
• Completed Customer Profile Form.
• All customers must present their original documents when picking up their car.
• booking can be made up to 2 days before the Pick-up date.
• 1 day rental will be charged for all no-show customers and customers who cancel